Total Pageviews

Monday, August 10, 2026

My Cool Prize from the Fest

 Okay, so this is gonna sound weird: at Fests past, there were always tons of old fanzines and novels for sale in the dealers room, and I was hoping that such would be the case this past weekend in L.A. Well, not quite (I did pick up an old issue of Inside the Old House, which was pretty rad). I went into the weekend with my heart set on acquiring what has become a fairly hard to find, fairly pricey collectable: The History of Dark Shadows 1966-1967 book. I have my copy of The Introduction of Barnabas book from the DS Fest I ordered way back in 1996 that looks very similar to the History book I so desperately desired; I wanted both volumes!

No dice. No real old treasures to be found in the dealers room. And the book was fairly exorbitantly expensive on the ebays. Ah, well, I thought. I'll stumble upon it, all in good time.

Then: Saturday night. The auction. Oh, the auction! An hour in, and my friends and I had pretty well played that scene, and then auctioneer Jim Pierson announced that he was offering up Lara Parker's personal copy of The HistoryLara Parker's personal copy, you guys. You know me; I'm a die-hard Angelique fan (see my previous post or click on the Angelique link to your right). I bid, thinking, man, there's no way I'll ever get this.

Well, girl. I got it.

Here's the proof:








A picture of Joel Crothers I've never seen before!


  Lara Parker's personal copy, y'all. I'm still in shock. And cheaper than you can get it on ebay. I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment