Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

MPI Presents ... Dark Shadows in High Def!

 MPI announced, just before the Fest, that they were planning to release at least the first forty episodes of the Introduction to Barnabas sequence on BluRay, in high definition, which ... 

...I picked up from the MPI table at the Fest last weekend!

At first I was a bit horrified. Okay, so I could never afford more than, mmmm, twenty or so of the VHS, and that was back in the day when they were selling them for $5.00 instead of the original twenty clams; I do, somehow, have all the DVDS and the coffin set, which is insane ... so when they announced the BluRays, I was like, my husband will kill me if I try to buy the entire series again. And I really wasn't going to ... but then I saw it, and I did.

You guys. You guys. It's gorgeous. The episodes are beeeeeyooooteeful. The blacks are black and the whites are white and it's just crisp and impressive. I know, it's insane, but I want the rest. I want the rest. But ... will the color episodes do as well? Hey, I bought all of Bewitched from Vista last year, and the colors were absolutely stunning. So there's hope.

Here are some terrible pictures I took with my phone off my television, but you should get the idea.





 Here you go. And it's on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment