Total Pageviews

Friday, June 21, 2019

Binging 1795 for the Summer

Or at the least beginning.  It goes so fast!  I have vivid memories of watching it for the first time in the summer of 1993 on the SciFi Channel, and being so excited to finally see the entire story of how Barnabas became a vampire -- and to fill in some of the gaps afforded me by the clips I'd seen on those fabulous MPI compilation tapes -- Best of Dark Shadows, Scariest Moments from Dark Shadows, Best of Barnabas -- that you could find in any KMart in the early 1990s.  Why was Jeremiah putting Angelique in a grave?  How did she escape?  Did she die after Barnabas shot her, and if she did, how'd she come back?  So many of my impressions of the 1795 storyline were formed by the NBC Revival of 1991, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the original story.

Go check it out, if you're a DS newbie.  It's the best.  In the meantime, enjoy Angelique making a potion.


No comments:

Post a Comment