Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dark Shadows Comic Strip 1.1

Last week, reading KLS's The Dark Shadows Comic Strip Book, it occurred to me that I could make my own comic strips, re-telling the classic DS story in the same daily style that Kenneth Bruce Bald utilized in the early 1970s:  a full page for Sundays, three panels for the weekdays.  I played around with screenshots from the series and original films, editing and tweaking them into the story I wanted to tell. 

My plan is to create a series of "seasons" of this strip, using some of the familiar twists and turns from the show, maybe going off in a few different directions.  This summer will explore the "Resurrection of Barnabas  Collins" we all know and love; future seasons will travel backward, forward, and sideways in time.  Look for a new entry every day (or as close to everyday as possible).

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment