Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Josette Returns ... from the Grave! (bum Bum BUM!)

Episode 430

Air Date:  2/16/68
Writer:  Ron Sproat
Director:  Lela Swift

VOICEOVER (Kathryn Leigh Scott):  "A seance has been held in the great house of Collinwood, a seance which has suspended time and space and sent one girl on an uncertain and frightening journey into the past ... back to the year 1795.  There, Victoria Winters tried to prevent a tragedy from happening ... a tragic death of a young girl ... but she could not ... nor can she avert the flood of terror that will follow in its wake, for on this night, there is one who would summon the dead girl from her grave ..."

BARNABAS:  I do not know what powers are mine, or how far they reach into the dark, but I promise I will summon their full force to call her back ... I have made my own dark conquest of the grave.  Hers will be next, this I swear.


BARNABAS:  Josette, why did you have to die, hating me?  Do you hate me still? 



BARNABAS:  I need you so.  Death cannot separate us.  You must return to me ... you must!


BEN:  She didn't want to be what you are.  You told me the way she looked at you just before she died ... as if she hated you!


JOSETTE:  I cannot return to you.  We are lost to each other forever.

BARNABAS:  Nothing can change our love for each other.  It spans all time and space!


Natalie hears Josette's sobs ...


Barnabas stands before her portrait and begins to summon Josette back to him ... the earth before her grave begins to move ... and a woman begins to take slow, painful footsteps through the graveyard ...


... the door to Josette's room swings open of its own accord, and a veiled figure stands before him ...


BARNABAS:  Josette ... you have come back to me!


JOSETTE:  Why did you disturb my rest?  Force me to come back against my will?  ... I can feel neither love nor hate.  I can feel nothing now ... you have gone to your fate, and I have gone to mine.


JOSETTE: I do not want you to see ... but perhaps after you see what I have become, you will let me return to my grave for the rest of eternity!


BARNABAS:  No!  NO!


No comments:

Post a Comment