Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Dark Shadows Companion Audio CD

Received my 3 CD collection of The Dark Shadows Companion audiobook yesterday.  I've had the tapes since my first visit to Missoula in 1992, but I haven't been able to listen to them for years.  The CD quality is clear, and it's fun to hear KLS, Roger Davis, Jonathan Frid, and Lara Parker's readings of their articles and Kathy Resch, Melody Clark, and Marcy Robin's history of the show.  Lara Parker in particular seems to enjoy reading her chapter, which provides some interesting speculation on the mythic roots for the Dark Shadows stories, and which offers us foreshadowing of the work she would do on Angelique's Descent and The Salem Branch.  It's especially comforting to have this to listen to this week, since I'm missing my friends and the good time they're having in NYC at this very moment (here's looking at you, Frannie and NancyBe!).

Here's a link to The Dark Shadows Companion audiobook on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0938817841

No comments:

Post a Comment