Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Dark Shadows 1991

I finally transferred some of the articles I'd saved as an impressionable 12 year old, eager to imitate my best friend's mother and create a scrapbook like the one she had for the original series, covering the 1991 Dark Shadows revival, including some episode summaries from Soap Opera Digest that I've never seen anywhere else.  Please forgive the wrinkles and the 29 year old tape.

Let's start with a recap of the first two episodes.  I love that Angelique is given a last name ... two, actually:  Du Vall and Collins.  Turns out killah never made it that far in the reboot; maybe given time ...  (And Daphne is a Stoddard?!?)


2 comments:

  1. I thought Daphne was a Collins? Now I'm going to have to go back and rewatch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I think her tombstone says Daphne Collins. But "Daphne Stoddard" actually makes a little bit more sense; it certainly would clear up the mystery of which branch of the Collins family poor defunct Daphne hails from; all we know is that she calls Liz "Aunt Elizabeth." Maybe Quentin was her dad, and he was Roger and Liz's long lost brother ...?

    ReplyDelete