Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Happy 5th Anniversary, Shadows on the Wall!

Here to celebrate our halfway-to-a-decade anniversary are a few quotes from episodes spanning the series, courtesy of the 2004 Dark Shadows calendar.  (Yes, they're all questions.)


VICKI (to Carolyn):  Why does everyone want me to leave?  (6/27/66)

SAM (to Vicki):  Who am I?  Who are any of us?  Why are we here in this green and ugly world?  (7/1/66)

BURKE (to Liz):  How long is it now since you set foot off this hill?  Eighteen years, isn't it?  (7/4/66)

LIZ (to Vicki):  Do you wan me to believe that David would deliberately try to injure, maybe kill, his own father?  (8/1/66)

VICKI (to David):  How many times did you tell me you hated your father?  That he wanted to send you away, and you were going to get even with him? (8/5/66)

CAROLYN (to Vicki):  You don't suppose those old wives tales about ghosts aren't old wives tales at all, that they're true?  (9/5/66)



JOE (to Maggie):  What does a girl know about boats?  If I even start to talk to Carolyn about them, she gets seasick. (10/25/66)

VICKI (to Matthew):  I appreciate your loyalty to the family, but what am I supposed to do?  Stand by and get killed?  (11/23/66)

MAGGIE (to Laura):  Has the town changed much since you last saw it?  (12/14/66)

DAVID (to Laura):  Did you really travel a long way just to see me?  (1/6/67)

ROGER (to Carolyn):  Help your mother?  Why not do a voodoo dance around her hospital bed, chanting semi-guttural noises?  (2/14/67)

LAURA (to Roger):  Why are you trying to keep David away from me? Why are you trying to destroy the most precious thing in my life?  (3/8/67)

VICKI:  David is near a fire.  He's in danger!  Oh, Josette!  Where? Where?  (3/20/67)



JASON (to Liz):  What about the scandal, what about the Collins name of which you're so defiantly proud?  (4/13/67)

BARNABAS (to Willie):  You're not supposed to be here.  You've got a job to do.  Why aren't you doing it?  (5/2/67)

WOODARD (to Maggie):  Two punctures like this, and you're asking a doctor to believe that you don't know anything about them?  (5/15/67)

VICKI (to Barnabas):  You very clearly and distinctly said "bloodless."  Why did you use that word?  (5/17/67)

VICKI:  David, there was jasmine perfume in that room.  I want the truth.  Did you see Josette?  (5/29/67)

CAROLYN:  Vicki, what's the matter now?  Why do I want to be cruel and destructive?  Why do I want to hurt people?  (6/28/67)



JULIA (to Maggie):  What could that be?  A sweet aroma that you're frightened of?  That seems strange, doesn't it?  (7/25/67)

BARNABAS (to Julia):  You are a meddlesome, domineering woman.  If the modern man is willing to tolerate your kind of woman that is his problem.  I will have none of it.  Is that understood?  (8/28/67)

BARNABAS (to Willie):  She can't be frightened of me.  My own sister.  She can't be frightened.  But why won't she come to me?  Where is she?  Where?  (9/1/67)

BURKE (to Liz):  How about strange old Collins skeletons?  Any of them tucked away in the closets?  (10/11/67)

ANGELIQUE (to Barnabas):  Our destiny was sealed those nights in Martinique.  You haven't forgotten those nights, have you?  (11/24/67)



BARNABAS:  Josette, are you all right?  Your hand is so cold.  Are you sure you feel well?  (12/6/67)

ANGELIQUE (to Ben):  Do not worry, Ben.  You will have your revenge someday, but only after I have mine.  Is that understood?  (12/8/67)

BARNABAS (to Joshua):  Can you see my mother's face when I tell the jury that I am one of the living dead?  (3/11/68)

DANIEL (to Millicent):  Have you ever noticed something bad happens whenever those dogs howl like that?  (3/12/68)

BARNABAS:  Julia, you have helped me before.  Can't we go back to the time when we were friends, when we worked together?  (4/2/68)



EVE (to Nicholas):  And what am I supposed to do if Angelique does come to him, stand by and watch him be victimized?  (11/12/68)

BARNABAS (to Nicholas):  Have you summoned up another Danielle Roget from Hell, Mr. Blair?  Are you to inflict that upon us again?  (11/22/68)

STOKES (to Liz):  The spirits are still not at rest?  You have had another sign?  (12/17/68)

DAVID (to Amy):  What's dangerous about it?  It just scares people a little.  That doesn't hurt them, does it?  (1/17/69)



LAURA (to Quentin):  Starting that again?  Laura died in a fire in Alexandria?  (4/29/69)

EVAN (to Magda):  Strange things happened to Quentin Collins last night.  What kind of curse did you put on him?  (5/13/69)

QUENTIN (to Angelique):  Besides being beautiful and dangerous, and all the things I like, why do you want Barnabas Collins and not me?  (5/21/69)

MAGDA (to Barnabas):  Do you think it's right to pray for a cursed thing like this?  (6/2/69)



CYRUS (to Alexis):  I realize she was your sister, but how well did you really know her?  (4/24/70)

ANGELIQUE:  I know my murderer, Julia.  You see what you miss by not being around?  (6/17/70)

BARNABAS:  A writer needs peace, yes.  Have you considered writing a murder mystery, Will?  (6/24/70)

BARNABAS (to Roxanne):  You are very lovely.  Can you understand what I'm saying to you?  Can you try to speak to me?  (6/29/70)



CAROLYN (to Roger):  Where is Quentin now?  Escaped from jail, charged with murder.  Doesn't that seem like revenge?  Or don't you think he murdered her, Uncle?  (7/2/70)

JULIA (to Angelique):  Yes, I am Dr. Hoffman.  What are you planning to do to me?  (7/8/70)

JULIA (to Barnabas):  If there are forces in this house, if they do not want us to find them, why do these things happen?  (7/22/70)

BARNABAS:  Julia, do you think it was a mistake for us to tell Elizabeth and Quentin about the future?  (8/3/70)



HALLIE (to David):  They're ghosts.  They're dead people.  And they look exactly like us!  Please, what does it mean?  Why are they here?  Why did they disappear like that?  (8/21/70)

GABRIEL (to Samantha):  Do you always express your gratitude so physically?  (10/8/70)

TRASK (to Barnabas):  I have waited a long time to meet you.  My name is Trask.  Is that familiar to you?  (10/12/70)

BARNABAS (to Quentin):  What did she mean by a headless man?  (10/22/70)

ANGELIQUE:  How long have you been out of the coffin, Barnabas?  (10/29/70)


QUENTIN (to Desmond):  Will they accuse Daphne now of trying to traffic with the dead?  (12/24/70)

STOKES (to Julia):  It all sounds like a perfect little domestic drama.  Where does the witchcraft come in?  (12/29/70)

DAWSON (to Valerie):  How does it feel to be merely a woman again?  (1/25/71)



MELANIE (to Julia):  I can't stand this much longer.  Julia, why would I want to kill Stella?  (2/5/71)

JULIA (to Catherine):  Have you come around to believing in the curse?  (3/4/71)

FLORA (to Julia):  I just can't bear the thought of the lottery anymore.  Who will it be, Julia?  Who will the family lose this time?  (3/26/71)


No comments:

Post a Comment