Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More Dark Shadows Year One Previews

I've collected the first two issues -- while the script really REALLY leaves something to be desired ("CollinSwood"?  18th Barnabas in boxer shorts?  Truly terrible dialogue such as "It begins..." and "I have exorcised that demoness from my life"), I am in love with Guiu Vilanova's art -- really, for the first time with any consistency, the characters resemble the actors who portrayed them.  It's fun to see characters that don't often appear outside the series:  Ben Stokes, Abigail, Trask, Joshua and Naomi, and even the Countess DuPres!

And while I breathlessly await the third issue, here, in the meantime, are a few more previews from Mr. Vilanova's blog:






http://guiuborn.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment