Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Glimpse Into Leviathan (part one)

A much maligned storyline, and one of my favorites.  It has almost every monster known to Dark Shadows (including a few new ones), including ghosts, vampires, werewolves, witches, and icky slimy things from the dawn of time; fabulous late 60s fashions; our beloved present time characters; plenty of Don Briscoe; Julia-the-detective; and, as she's my personal favorite, beaucoup de Angelique, kicking ass and taking names in the latter part of the story (while managing to look fabulous the entire time).  It's also a very compact chunk of story, especially if you've struggled through 1897, and while 1897 is well-plotted and performed in its first half, the second half comes off the rails the majority of the time.  The Leviathan story, while admittedly ludicrous, is also a lot of fun, and can be ingested in far less time than 1897 or 1968 (especially if you're not afraid of the fast-forward button; I'm not).

Here are a few of my favorite grabs from the Leviathan episodes, with the promise of more to come.



































































2 comments:

  1. I love the photos, but the Leviathan storyline is my least favorite of all the Dark Shadows stories. I have just discovered your blog - thanks to the Dark Shadows Museum on Facebook - and I love it! I can't wait to go thru your archives and read your articles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, admittedly,an incredibly divisive storyline. I love the ludicrous nature of it, as well as the reappearance of several of my very favorite characters (including Angelique and Chris Jennings). Plus it's always fun to watch Julia play Nancy Drew. :)

    Glad you made your way here - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete