Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Episode 405: The Curse

Probably the most important episode in the series, if not the most technically polished.




"You have made a great mistake, Barnabas."

 
"Do you think by sending Josette away she will be safe?  Oh, you're wrong, Barnabas!"


"That remains to be seen."


"I have more powers than you think."


"You don't believe me?  Look behind you.  Go on, look!"





"I will not be frightened by your trickery, Angelique."


"You may have power to distort the portrait, but you cannot harm Josette."



"You're a fool if you believe that!"


"And you're a fool if you think I'd believe anything else."



"Oh Barnabas, you are a foolish man.  Do you think by sending her away you can prevent me from keeping you here?  Oh, your Josette may be safe ... but no one else is."


"Do you remember when Sarah was very ill?  She had a terrible pain, here in her shoulder!  And another one, here in her chest!"


"Stay away from me, or this pin is aimed at her heart if you come any closer!"


"Oh, you would leave immediately if you had no reason to say here.  And I am making certain you have that reason."


"You'll do nothing ... as long as she is on the brink of death!  She will not die ... unless you deceive me again.  But she will come close ... very close."



"Oh Barnabas, what have you done?"



"You didn't do the job well enough, Barnabas.  I'm not dead yet.  And while I can still breathe I will have my revenge!"


"I set a curse on you, Barnabas Collins!"


"You wanted your Josette so much?  Well, you shall have her ..."



"... but not in the way you would have chosen."




"You will never rest, Barnabas.  And you will never be able to love anyone ... for whoever loves you ... will die."


"That is my curse.  And you will live with it for all eternity!"





"Angelique?"



"Get away from me!"



The end ...?

1 comment:

  1. If only Barnabas had known of the double tap technique, he might have saved himself almost two centuries of torment.

    ReplyDelete