Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Episode 553: Vicki's Nightmare

EPISODE 556
AIR DATE:  8/12/68
WRITER:  Ron Sproat
DIRECTOR:  Sean Dhu Sullivan 

Nicholas Blair holds Victoria Winters captive at the House by the Sea.  In order to force Barnabas and Julia to create a mate for the man-made creature Adam, the warlock commands Angelique -- now a vampire under his control -- to visit Vicki dressed as she did in 1795 to terrify Vicki into submission.


 VICKI:  Angelique!

ANGELIQUE:  So we meet again.

VICKI:  You're not real.

ANGELIQUE:  I'm not?

VICKI:  You can't be!

ANGELIQUE:  I assure you, I'm quite real.

VICKI:  It's not possible!  You're dead!  You must be a ghost!

ANGELIQUE (laughing):  Is that really what you think I am?

VICKI:  Why are you laughing?

ANGELIQUE advances, holding out her arm.

ANGELIQUE:  Touch me.  Don't be afraid.  You'll see that I"m made of flesh and blood.

VICKI:  I don't want to come near you!

ANGELIQUE:  Then I'll come to you.  (She touches Vicki, who shudders.)  You see?  Are ghosts made of flesh and blood?

VICKI:  You're real!

ANGELIQUE:  Of course.

VICKI:  But you died in 1795 ...

ANGELIQUE:  I know.

VICKI:  Is it possible?

ANGELIQUE:  What?

VICKI:  I've gone back in time again?  That I'm living in 1795?

ANGELIQUE:  It's possible.

VICKI:  But is it true?

ANGELIQUE:  Perhaps.

VICKI:  Why am I here?  You must tell me.

ANGELIQUE:  I'm not allowed to tell you that.

VICKI:  But who's keeping me here?  At least you can tell me that!

ANGELIQUE:  I'm not allowed to tell you that either.

VICKI:  This must be a dream.  But why can't I wake up?

ANGELIQUE:  Because it isn't a dream.  You really exist in this place.

VICKI:  But you -- this room -- it's all so unreal!

ANGELIQUE:  Perhaps there's a reason for that.

VICKI:  What do you mean?

ANGELIQUE:  Perhaps you're lost in a void.

VICKI:  A - a void?

ANGELIQUE:  A pocket in time, caught somewhere between the past and the present but belonging to neither.

VICKI:  I don't believe you.

ANGELIQUE:  Believe what you want to believe.

VICKI:  Why are you here?

ANGELIQUE:  I've come to help you escape.

VICKI:  But why would you want to help me?  You've never been anything but vicious and cruel to me.

ANGELIQUE:  If you don't want my help, there's nothing I can do.

VICKI:  I'll take anyone's help as long as it allows me to escape from here.

ANGELIQUE:  You're willing to cooperate?

VICKI:  How?

ANGELIQUE:  You must give me something in order for me to help you.

VICKI (wary):  What?

ANGELIQUE:  Your engagement ring.

VICKI:  My engagement ring?

ANGELIQUE:  You must give it to me or I can't help you.

VICKI:  Why do you want it?

ANGELIQUE:  I'll take it to the man you love, and through it, he will find you.

VICKI:  I won't give it to you.

ANGELIQUE:  then I won't be able to help you.  I'm the only one who can.

ANGELIQUE turns to leave.

VICKI:  Where are you going?

ANGELIQUE:  Would I want to take your ring if I weren't trying to help you?  I don't exist in time.  Worldly possessions mean nothing to me.

VICKI:  You want it because it's my last link to reality.  But I won't give it to you!

ANGELIQUE:  So be it.

VICKI:  Where are you going?

ANGELIQUE:  I'm leaving, and I shall never return.  Neither will anyone else.  You face eternity in this room because you won't accept my help.  Goodbye, Victoria Winters.  I pity you.


VICKI:  No!  Wait!

ANGELIQUE:  Yes?

VICKI:  I still don't trust you, but if there's one chance in a million that you're telling the truth --

ANGELIQUE:  Give me the ring.

VICKI slips off the ring and hands it to her.



VICKI:  Here.

ANGELIQUE:  I'll take it to the man you love and he will find you.

VICKI:  Please be telling the truth.  Please find Jeff and give it to him.  At least he'll know I'm alive.

ANGELIQUE:  Jeff?  Who's Jeff?

VICKI:  Jeff Clark, my fiancee.

ANGELIQUE:  There's no Jeff Clark.  Jeff Clark does not exist.  There is only Peter Bradford.

Angelique vanishes out the door, leaving Vicki to call after.  Her only answer is Angelique's evil cackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment